I am happy to inform that I have just completed 4 years as a MLA. Given below are some of the prominent works carried out by me in the past 4 years.
“BUILDING A BETTER VILE PARLE”
- Built Shaheed Smarak in memory of Martyrs.
- Installed Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Portrait at the Domestic Airport.
- Vile Parle resident Bhavesh Kumar Parmar released from Pakistan Jail after 7 years through the efforts of MLA Krishna Hegde.
- Rs. 83cr Milan Subway completed. 25 years of flooding and everyday traffic issues solved. 70 Marble Traders shops, 150 Houses were rehabilitated. 280 houses were saved from demolition. A Madrassa built in 1983 was shifted and 3 Temples was saved.
- Rs. 401cr Sahar Elevated Flyover completed giving Terminal 2 a new access. 1200 houses were rehabilitated and given new houses.
- Subway started from Hanuman Road to Airport Colony and near Ambedkar Nagar through the efforts of MLA Krishna Hegde benefitting thousands of pedestrians every day.
- Took appreciation to reduce Railway fare. The Roll back on Railway fare hike has benefited 77 lakhs Mumbaikars.
Took appreciation to protest against the NDA Government decision to increase the price of Sugar a basic necessity for the 'Common Man'.
- Cooper Hospital work completed. Dinanath Mangeshkar Natyagruh renovation work in progress.
- Installed Escalator through Western Railway at Vile Parle Railway Station (1st in Mumbai) at a cost of Rs. 50 lakhs and the Gap between platform nos. 5 & 6 was reduced at a cost of Rs. 20 lakhs, thereby saving many lives.
First constituency in India to install CCTV (Vile Parle constituency) through personal resources.
- MLA Krishna Hegde busted Drugs Racket and seizes over 2kg Drugs (2 times) in Vile Parle.
- Bahar Cinema re-opened for residents.
- Share-A-Rickshaw scheme started in various part of Vile Parle.
- Loan facility and concession on new Auto Rickshaw for Vile Parle Constituency's Auto Rickshaw Drivers.
- Started 4 Centres to sell Vegetables at reasonable prices through Maharashtra Government Scheme in Vile Parle Constituency.
- Met Cooperatives Minister Shri Harshwardhan Patil and other officials and following up with the Bank administrator on the new developments to bring quick relief to the depositors.
- Right to Education Committee. Controlling School fees. Benefitting lakhs of students across Maharashtra.
- Donated one month salary to the Bomb blast victim Shamsunder Choudhary.
- Medical Help of Rs. 370,000/- through the letters given to Chief Minister's Relief Fund.
- Met Hon'ble CM regarding the issue of Heritage Structures. Hon'ble CM has kept matter on Hold.
- Sahar Gaon excluded for Airport Modernization programs due to efforts of Krishna Hegde MLA. Fighting for rights of the people who are living in Airport periphery. Thousands of houses saved.
- Bought Stay on issue of Crosses and Temples.
- Solar Lights installed in Vile Parle Constituency.
- Distributed Handicapped Identity Cards for several concessions.
- Developed 10 gardens in Vile Parle Constituency for Public / Children.
- Over 360 development works amounting to Rs. 38.46 Cr. is completed and new works in progress (in 4½ yrs).
- Concretization/asphalting of 50 Roads in Vile Parle Constituency.
- Proposal given for modernization of Shirodkar Hospital and new Badminton Court at Swatantrya Veer Savarkar Kendra.
- Organized meeting of housing society members regarding re-development and Deemed Conveyance.
- Protest against Reliance Power Tariff cut.
- Proposal put forward in BMC to name the Junction as Pu La Deshpande Chowk in Vile Parle (East) and Shri Dolatrai Khusaldas Jangla Chowk in Vile Parle (West).
- Lead Morcha against inefficiency of BMC (Bad Roads, Water Supply ect.).
- New trains started from Mumbai to Nagapatinam for Velankanni Pilgrims followed up with Honorable Railway Minister. Asphalting road near Velankanni Church. New Train Racks and new Time table for local Western Railway.
- Met Members of The House of Representatives (Diet) and Chairman of the Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and Consulate General of Japan to improve Indo-Japanese relationship.
- Proposal given to handover and restart the BMC dispensary on Ajmal Road.
- Built Welfare Centre at Premnagar, Plot number 256 in Vile Parle.
- Advocated the passing of Street Vendor's Policy.
- Convener : MESA (Mithibai Ex-Student's Association).
- Renamed Chakala Metro Station as Chakala (J. B. Nagar) Metro Station through the efforts of MLA Krishna Hegde
Traffic Signal lights installed at Hanuman Road Junction.
- Metro one started
- Started Pickle Ball Sport in Vile Parle.
- Rajiv Gandhi Free Computer Education Program started in Vile Parle Constituency for Ladies, Senior Citizens and Children.
- Walked the Ramp in Aid of Cancer Patients Assoc. (CPA) Shaina NC & Manish Malhotra Fashion Show.
- Winner – Best Political Debut as a MLA (Congress), Award instituted by Afternoon Voice and News Makers.
- Selected by Asian Age Newspaper as amongst TOP NINE Mumbaikars of 2009. Bharat Ratna Sachin Tendulkar, Smt. Vinita Kamte also in that list.
- Felicitated by Indian Consul General Mr. Dnaneshwar Mulay and overseas Indians in New York.
- Organized Grand Navratri Celebrations in Vile Parle after 27 years. Hrithik Roshan, Priya Dutt, Singers Bappi Lahiri, Hema Sardesai, Actors Rohit Roy, Mansi Joshi, Naveen Prabhakar, Dalip Tahil, Dolly Bindra, Dilip Joshi, Cricketers Dilip Vengsarkar, Karsan Ghavri, Amol Muzumdar and others attended.
- Organized Biggest Dahi Handi in Vile Parle. Director Rohit Shetty, Actor Shreyas Talpade and others attended.
- Is working with several NGO's and Citizen Groups towards a Better & Cleaner Vile Parle and Mumbai.
- Distributed dustbins to over 650 societies in Vile Parle Constituency.
- Meeting and addressing Civic Problems, Education, Health and other issues of over 200 people every day at office.
- Organized - Counseling, Motivation & Career Guidance workshops, various Sporting tournaments, Medical camps, Cultural programs etc.
- and many many more . . . .
MLA – Vile Parle, Mumbai